New Help File
What is Infonet-Biovision?
Infonet-Biovision is an information platform tailored to the rural population in East Africa. It offers information on sustainable agriculture and ecological control of plant, human and animal targeting pests and disease vectors.
It also provides information on simple and environmentally safe technologies and approaches to improve the rural populations life and generate income while at the same time protecting the environment and the natural resources.
Infonet-Biovision's aim is to contribute to poverty reduction and environmental protection by disseminating appropriate and locally adapted methods for crop and livestock production, and for human and environmental health.
How do I Use Infonet-Biovision?
On the Infonet-Biovision platform you find local relevant and effective information with contributions of local experts and international scientists on:
- Organic agriculture and crop husbandry for food security
- Effective ecological prevention and control of plant, human and animal targeting pests and diseases
- Simple and environmentally safe technologies and approaches to improve your life and generate income while at the same time protecting the environment and the natural resources
To access the knowledge and information sharing platform you have several possibilities:
- If you have internet access: All information provided by Infonet-Biovision if available online on http://www.infonet-biovision.org.
- If you rarely have internet access: For reading the Infonet-Biovision contents without internet access an offline version of the information platform can be downloaded for free from the startpage.
How do I order the Infonet-offline Version?
The Infonet - offline version is useful if you do not have internet access but have access to a computer to read the Infonet-offline.
Contact for ordering the Infonet-offline version: Farmers interested to receive the offline version need to contact Infonet through the phone number 020 8632195.
Where do I find information on Infonet-Biovision?
The structure of Infonet-Biovision is organised and programmed in such a way that the information provided forms a practical working tool for farmers, extension workers and trainers.
Navigate through links: The information on Infonet-Biovision can be found by clicking on the navigation links with the mouse pointer. All underlined text elements are navigation links to a sub page containing more information.
How do I resize Infonet-Biovision screen (font) size?
Infonet design is responsive, meaning it can be viewed across different screen sizes. As such, the font might appear small in some screens. One can resize the screen (font) size by doing the following:-
To increase the screen (font) size; Press Ctrl button (while holding it down), repeatedly press the + button until you attain the desired font size.
To decrease (reduce) the screen (font) size; Press Ctrl button (while holding it down), repeatedly press the - button until you attain the desired font size.To return to the original screen/font size; Press Ctrl button (while holding it down), press the 0 (zero) button on your keyboard.
Infonet Navigation Overview
Infonet home page has the following sections:
- Main navigation into the H's (on the top)
- Quick navigation menu.
- Infonet Keyword Search (right hand side)
- Read more tab.
- Infonet quick preview. (Shows one article from each of the H's.) Below each image are links to categories within that H.
- Biovision Farmer Communication Program (FCP) Pathways Menu.
- Infonet Biovision partner and funding agencies links.
- Download for publications and Infonet offline version.
- New updates (Opens the page holding latest articles per H section).
- Contact us (Opens the contact us form). It contains physical and postal contact details.
- Infonet content licence details.
- The disclaimer.
1. Main Navigation (on the top)
The main sections (plant, human, animal and environment) for information about sustainable agriculture, health and ecological methods are accessible by the horizontal image navigation bar. By clicking on one of the tabs, the selected main section will appear. It has drop downs on each of the Menu Item that shows the categories under each content Item. From the homepage you navigate directly to the category page.
- As soon as you open this level you may also browse the chapter contents via left side menu....
- You can also enter the main sections via the quick preview....
Clicking on the category takes you direct to the relevant datasheet. In this case Crops, fruits and vegetables.
You can now navigate eigther through the thumbs (little images) or via the left side bar to access the datasheet level...
Add Printscreen of DS Level...
REVIEW BELOW THEY ARE NOT UP TO DATE-...................
Infonet Plant Health
Find content with up-to-date information and images on plant health issues such as: plant pests and diseases, medicinal plants, husbandry of major crops, vegetables, fruits and grains, cultural practices, natural pest control and fruit and vegetable processing.
Infonet Animal Health
Find information about organic animal husbandry, animal welfare, animal diseases prevention and management for cattle, donkeys, poultry, camels, pigs, goats, geese, bees and fish-farming, livestock health and disease prevention, fodder production.
Infonet Human Health
Find information on integrated and preventive control of malaria and what to do on individual and community level (i.e. water and pond management, bed nets, treatment, case study on education and awareness). More information will follow soon on basic hygiene, nutrition, sanitation, waste- management, water- and soil borne diseases and their prevention.
Infonet Environmental Health
Find simple and environmentally safe technologies and approaches, sustainable energy use, water management methods, soil conservation, agroforestry, home gardening and income generation methods.
2. Quick Navigation
The quick navigation menu is where important but non H related links are. It contains this Help file (HELP), some information about Infonet Biovision (ABOUT US); history, staff members, and partners. Provided is also a link to TOF and MKM magazines as well as partner publications (PUBLICATIONS), a link to any news and events ( NEWS & EVENTS) as well as a link to the rich site summary also referred to really simple syndication(RSS).
By clicking the RSS link, you subscribe to receive new content automatically in your feed reader.
Infonet TOF, MKM and Modules
- To read or print out the magazines and modules, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from here.
- Infonet TOF editions are systematically in descending order starting with the most recent edition. Click on Search TOF magazine by issue link. To read an issue, click the download link. You can either open it with Adobe reader or save it to your device
- Note: You can navigate back to the home page by clicking the Home link highlighted in the screen to your left.
- By clicking the RSS link, you subscribe to receive new content automatically in your feed reader.
You can also search for an article in TOF magazine using keywords by clicking on Search TOF magazine by key words on specific subjects link, as shown below.
3. Search field (top bar, right hand side)
3.a ADD PRINTSCREEN OF SEARCH FIELD............
3.b Advanced Search
Search results page
To search the entire website, enter the search item and click on search button
The search results will be displayed in the results page as shown above. For more results on the titles in the results, click the title to open specific pages.
At the bottom of the search result page is an indication of how many pages have the search item.
Upon getting a search result from your initial query, you can refine your search by clicking on the advanced search which has several filter options. Tick the various chapters as appropriate.
Will take you to the about us page which contains information on Infonet, Infonet team and Biovision Foundation. UNIMPORTANT LEAVE AWAY
5. Infonet Quick Preview (MOVE UP)
The Infonet quick preview is a nice way of gaining entry into the website. It provides an overview of recently updated content on the Infonet. It contains four blocks, each pulling fresh content from its respective H. Clicking on the image, or the title of the article links you direct to the data sheet page. Below the most recent article are links (in blue), clicking any of this navigates to the particular chapter.
6. Biovision Pathways Menu (MOVE DOWN)
The pathways links shows logos for the other main Biovision partner pathways, clicking on the logo will navigate to the specific FCP pathway website.
7. Infonet Partners and funding agencies (MOVE DOWN)
The partners and funding agencies are represented by their logos. Clicking any of the logos will direct you the specific partner's or funding agency's website. Details of more partners can be found under the about us page.
One can download TOF and MKM magazines and modules. Clicking the download the Infonet offline version here link from the home page opens the Infonet download page. Follow the step by step instructions provided on that page and you will get an offline version.
9. News updates
Clicking the News updates button, navigates to the news and events page where you will find the most recent news pertaining to plant, animal, human and environmental health in the website.
10. Contact Us
Clicking the contact us form link opens the contact us form shown below. From there you can send a comment or feedback.
Fill in your details by entering your:-
- Names e.g Marylin Favour
- Email address e.g email@example.com
- Message or feedback that you wish to convey to the infonet management.
After this, click the Send Message button. Your message will be delivered to Infonet management.
Visitors to Infonet can obtain postal contacts for delivery of postal mail as provided on the home page. Physical contact details are also provided and those who can are free to pay a visit to the office.
Infonet content licence
Clicking this link navigates to the infonet disclaimer page. On this page, you will find information regarding Copyright and Content Licensing of Infonet website. All visitors are expected to comply with the license terms and conditions.
Infonet content disclaimer
Clicking this link navigates to Infonet disclaimer page. On this page, you will find information regarding Biovisions' stand on Infonet content.
Infonet's Page Level navigation (MOVE UP AND EXCHANGE PRINTSCREEN WITH DATASHEET VIEW)
Navigation at the page level has been enhanced by having an index at the top of the page. Below is a sample index.
The index contains titles (topics) within the particular page. To navigate to a particular title, click the title at the index level.
Printing Infonet content (AND SEND) IT IS UNCLEAR WHERE THIS BUTTON IS, SHOW BUTTON INSIDE PRINTSCREEN OF DATASHEET
All Infonet content can be printed. On each page is a print icon. The print icon is as shown.To print, click it.
On clicking it opens the document (intended for printing) in a separate screen as shown below.
Once the document is open, you have the option of formatting your print out by removing unwanted sections. To delete any section mouse over the section, this highlights the section, clicking then deletes the highlighted section. Unwanted spaces can also be deleted the same way.
If you do not want to print images, tick the remove images option box as shown below.
Once you are done with formatting. You can either:-
- Print the document by clicking the print button for the document to be sent to the printer.
- Save the document in portable document format (PDF), by clicking the PDF button.
- Email the document by clicking the email button.
Sharing Infonet Content via Social Media (SHOW BUTTON INSIDE DATASHEET VIEW)
Select Infonet content is sharable via social media. You will notice the social media share button on such pages. Clicking it opens the different social media applications through which one is able to share the specific content. Below is a display of the available Infonets' social media applications.
Lexicon- online dictionary (ADD NUMBER TO OVERVIEW PAGE) AND ADD THE EXAMPLE OF GREEN TERM ON STARPAGE (SHOW HOVERING PRINTSCREEN)
Hovering over a lexicon item, whose text is green in color, will display meaning of the term in a text box as shown below.